Type of procedure:
Application procedure for non-scheduled air services
Service target and eligibility criteria:
- Any person wishing to use Macau International Airport or Heliport to operate non-scheduled air services.
- Prior approval from the President of the Civil Aviation Authority shall also be sought for non-scheduled flights to or from Macao for reasons other than carriage of passengers, cargo or mail for hire or reward.
- After the authorisation has been granted, the operator shall send the respective Flight Plan to Macao Tower, Guangzhou ACC, Zhuhai APP and Hong Kong ACC.
- By letter, fax or email
Tel: 853-2851 1213
Fax: 853-2833 8089
Address: 18/F, Cheng Feng Commercial Centre, 336-342, Alameda Dr. Carlos D’Assumpção, Macao
The operator is required to submit the following documents or information:
1. The completed “Application Form for Non-scheduled Air Services to/from Macao SAR”;
2. A valid Air Operator Certificate (AOC) or equivalent document issued by the aeronautical authorities of the country
designating the operator, certifying that the aeronautical authorities are satisfied that the operator is competent to secure
the safe operation of aircraft on flights for the purpose of public transport, in accordance with such conditions and
limitations as may be specified in the certificate. This certificate shall contain at least the following information:
a) operator’s identification document (name, address, etc.) ;
b) date of issue and period of validity ;
c) description of the types of operations authorised ;
d) the type(s) of aircraft authorised for use ; and
e) authorised areas of operation or routes.
3. Documentary evidence from the operator's insurance company to show that the operator carries appropriate insurance
regarding legal liability to passengers and cargo legal liability (the Montreal Convention requirements apply), and legal
liability to third parties.
4. Certificate of registration of aircraft to be used in the requested operation;
5. Airworthiness certificate of aircraft to be used in the requested operation;
6. Noise certificate of aircraft to be used in the requested operation;
For charter flights, the following additional information should be provided :
7. Details of the proposed charter flight (i.e. the type of charter to be operated, the proposed operating schedule, etc);
8. Justification for the charter flight.
Note: Please click or refer to Administrative Regulations No.11/2004 and No.19/2011 for information on liability insurance.
Conditions governing the operation of non-scheduled air services:
1. In conformity with Article 5 of the Chicago Convention, applications for non-scheduled air services for the carriage of
passengers or cargo will normally be approved if the President of the Civil Aviation Authority is satisfied that the
corresponding scheduled services cannot satisfy a genuine demand by providing the service or capacity required and, in
the case of applications made by airlines based outside Macao, the airlines would be granted no less favourable treatment
to Macao based airlines making a similar application.
2. Applications for non-scheduled air services for the carriage of both passengers and cargo will not normally be considered.
3. Permits for non-scheduled services are granted on condition that the holder does not advertise such services for sale
direct to the general public.
1. Permits may contain such conditions as the President of the Civil Aviation Authority thinks fit having regard to the nature
and circumstances of the applications.
2. The captain of an aircraft which lands in Macau International Airport for non-traffic purposes will, before departure, be
required to sign at the Airport Dispatch Office, a certificate to the effect that the flight is not subject to a permit.
It takes 3 working days to complete the approval process (time guaranteed in performance pledge).
Note: The time guaranteed commences from the next date following the date of submission of all documents or information.
Please click to download the pdf form
Portaria No. 232/95/M